The effort put into repairing and cleaning your property is likely to be returned in a fast sale at an attractive price.
- As buyers approach your property the first time, impressions are formed quickly.
- Paint house - this can do more for sales appeal than any other factor.
- Yard - Remove all toys, garbage, garden tools and other items from view.
- Mow lawn and keep edged.
- Close garage doors.
- Put colorful flowers in front of house.
Often, while waiting to be let in, the first thing a buyer looks at closely is the front door.
- Put new paint on the front door.
- Buy a new door mat.
- Buyers take a close look at the basement of a home. They will look for bad wiring, leaky pipes and signs of decay.
- Clean out basement and dispose of everything you are not going to move.
- Ensure that there is plenty of lighting.
- Sweep or vacuum floor.
- Stack items neatly against walls.
The kitchen is often the most important room in the house. Make it bright and attractive.
- Put a vase of fresh flowers on the table.
- Replace curtains or clean existing ones.
- Remove appliances from counters.
- Create a pleasant fragrance in the kitchen (i.e. vanilla, cinnamon).
It is important that bathrooms are clean, bright and smell fresh.
- Install a new shower curtain and replace worn throw rugs.
- Polish all fixtures.
- Open windows.
- Hang bright, fresh towels.
- Remove stains from toilets and bathtubs.
- Use air freshener.
- Display colorful soaps.
The living room
- Clean out the fireplace and place logs in it.
- Polish all woodwork.
- Put big furniture in storage so rooms are not cluttered or crowded.